Monday, June 4, 2007

We Won!

After placing in the top 10 in the Greater Richmond Race, we sorted things out, licked our wounds, and said, ok, next time.
In the race in Chesterfield, we lost by 20 seconds, even though we got there 14:40 ahead of the next team, and took 2nd place. Fair Enough.

We called and asked to borrow a Mini Cooper S from Crown Mini of Richmond, and they were wonderfully gracious and friendly, and let us borrow said Ubercar the Saturday evening before the Race Day. That sucker must be packing an atomic power pile.

6:58 pm "Hon, can I drive it home?"
"nope"
"why not, you're the one doing donuts in the parking lot, and I Think it is cute."

7:00 "exactly."

7:15 "oh fine, I've got my ubercar driving bit out of my system, take her home."

7:19 "um hon."

"yes?"

"yer doing 87 in a 55"

"OMG sorry!"

............................

A little while later, she'd found a nifty road with lots of curves, and graciously turned over the driving to me.

"Um hon."
"yea"

"yer doing 65 in a 15."

Needless to say, our next car, if they get all-wheel drive, is gonna be a Mini. Thank God I don't have teen-aged children. I'm bad enough as it is.

Tomorrow: why we used the Avalanche and won.

No comments: