Tuesday, July 10, 2007

LuckySeven

We finally made it out of D.C. this afternoon, and I'm hoping to have more coherent notes up soon, just checking in.

It was a good race, and taught us a few more lessons, some about how we run the team, some about human error (i.e. - you USE the chance card in Jail, you don't get it there, therefore PRISON is NOT a viable code.... - our bad,) and better still, the concept of adopting a solo racer into our crew.

We are posting our translation of the starter clue today, A1 mentioned to me that there are forums, and I, in my idiot mode, said something smartarse back, to with which she replied "pearls before swine."

LOL, I just found the notes about Lucky & start points. I'm a doofus.

We came in 2nd place, and apparently irked the Richmond VA veteran teams by having the audacity to show up an alternate race - c'mon guys, you are gonna kick our collective butts anyhow, let us get some tacky bling for the mantle :D

We are simply waiting for the REAL owner of our prize to come and demand that we restore it to his wrought-iron fence-post.

To Jason, please check in, you were a welcome addition to a zany team, and your ability to run down an upwards-moving escalator was the subject of many bar drinking tales. Already.

("OMG he's going down THAT one!" "Is he o.k?" "Yeah, and he beat all of us using the right escalator - just grab that metro train.")

My tiny little brain is full, I'm going to bed, see you all in D.C. Saturday morning.


-Alex

1 comment:

Jason said...

I do all my own escalator stunts.